We are based in a beautiful former grammar school in Thame, Oxfordshire and offer a great working environment with many opportunities for development within varying careers.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. A fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing property technology company. Established in 2003, ULS Technology plc is an award winning, former Tech Track 100 company now listed on the London Stock Exchange. We have regular career opportunities in the following areas:
- Business development
- Customer services
Working at ULS technology has many benefits on top of the beautiful working environment, which include a workplace pension scheme and a guaranteed death in service insurance. There are Maternity and Paternity benefits, one day paid volunteering leave to help support the local community, discounted ULS home mover services. And well, you’ll be working for us!
If you’re interested in a career at ULS technology, email us your CV and we’ll be in contact when a suitable role becomes available.
The Senior Product Manager will help to establish and to implement Product-first ways of working across the business. They will be seen as a leader in the business, helping to embed new tools and agile methods, whilst motivating and inspiring cross functional teams with a user-first approach.
Reporting to the Digital Director you will oversee user research, test solutions and apply strong analysis all to set a roadmap which delivers leading tech that solves user problems.
The Senior Product Manager is a key role that will have the opportunity to help shape the way this ambitious and growing organisation approaches product and development.
- Coach and develop: Coach and develop other member of the newly formed and growing Product team, whilst introducing best-practice, Agile, Product Management methods.
- User first: Help to embed a user-focus in all we do, conduct user research and champion the ‘voice of the user’ in our decision making.
- Establish a test & learn culture: Test new features and concepts swiftly and efficiently to establish their viability, ensuring a data driven and transparent approach.
- Set the roadmap: Shape and deliver the near to mid-term roadmaps, working with stakeholders across the business, communicating decisions transparently and openly.
- Be commercially aware: Track commercial performance, find opportunities to drive incremental revenue by overlapping business and user goals.
- Gain stakeholder trust: Communicate plans transparently to cross-functional team of stakeholders.
- A proven Product Manager with excellent Agile experience and knowledge of Product tools, methodology, processes and systems – ideally with experience of establishing a Product-led agile approach within a business.
- You will have earnt leadership in cross-functional / cross-business teams by collaborating with users, clients and product team members – ideally with experience mentoring and coaching.
- You will have a track-record of converting complex and often vague user problems into digital Products and features that delight users and deliver business aims.
- You will have outstanding stakeholder management skills and be able to influence both technical and commercial stakeholders, whilst being open to opinions and ideas.
- You will be intellectually curios and numerical, using data to explain how users navigate your Product and test hypothesis, rather than acting on opinions.
- You will be a self-starter, with a bias towards action which motivates the team around you to deliver at pace.
We are on a mission to completely transform the home moving experience using digital technology. We are doing this by building innovative web applications, that are highly usable, scalable and robust. To succeed we need smart people; highly motivated, and creative technical staff who are passionate about delivering high quality, highly available web solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a rapidly growing property technology company. Established in 2003, ULS Technology plc is an award winning, former Tech Track 100 company now listed on the London Stock Exchange.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative and energetic engineering manager to join our exciting, fast-paced software start-up success story. We want a talented individual who can bring their ideas and experience to the table and deliver innovative, high quality software to demanding customers and help develop and grow an expanding team.
This role reports into the Agile Project Manager.
Team Management and Building
- Ensure your team operates efficiently by empowering the team to be self-sufficient, addressing the team’s needs and removing roadblocks.
- Build relationships, provide regular timely feedback, assess performance, and set objectives.
- Ensure that every member of your team is fully engaged, making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable high pace with high levels of quality.
- A passion to mentor, coach and grow the technical expertise of your team, by understanding business needs and individual career and development aspirations.
- Participate in the recruitment and successful on-boarding of new software developers and product owners.
- Ensure and be accountable for the regular and timely delivery of high quality and responsive products from your team to customers.
- Organise and lead working meetings, prepare and distribute progress reports and manage risks.
- Facilitate tight-knit collaboration between engineers, product owners and designers to deliver challenging features across our platform.
Process Management and Improvement
- Be an Agile Coach to your team, helping to lead and shape the maturing of agile processes.
- Ensure that existing processes are executed efficiently with excellent outcomes.
- Initiate and champion process improvement initiatives to implement engineering best practices and processes for agile software development.
Necessary experience, skills and qualifications:
- 5+ years of people management experience, including managing or leading teams using SCRUM.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent practical experience.
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills to allow effective mentoring, coaching, collaboration and team building.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including senior management.
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Solid understanding and 3+ years practical experience of traditional and agile software development methodologies (must include SCRUM and a scrum master certification would be ideal).
- Sufficient experience with writing code (must include C#) to provide credible leadership to development teams and accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- A broad understanding of the technological landscape and a desire to stay on top of developments and new technology.
- Strong analytical, planning and organisational skills with a creative approach to problem-solving and the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- An appetite for continuous improvement and work in a fluid environment.
- Pragmatic and able to deal with ambiguity with minimal need for guidance.
What’s in it for you:
- Great culture: We put culture first and believe in creating a great environment where people are happy to come to work every day, whether in person or virtually.
- Working from home: Ample opportunity to work from home, even once coronavirus is gone. We are keen to recruit beyond the local area to get the very best and brightest talent.
- Stunning office:Picture yourself in our brand-new, state-of-the-art office in the centre of picturesque Thame, coronavirus permitting of course
- Latest technology:Use the latest tools & practices in every area of the business to work fast and smart.
- Competitive salaries:If you have talent in abundance, we have the packages to match.
- Smart colleagues:Be part of a great team, working with talented, like-minded peers.
- Social:From tech meetups, quiz nights, hackathons, board games and cocktails, there’s always tons going on.
ULS Technology was founded with the vision of revolutionising the home moving and ownership process. Despite having already made great in-roads into this vision, we have huge aspirations and strategic plans to grow our influence even further. We aim to become the leading provider of digital tools and services that transform the experience of buying, selling, and owning property.